Mark Armstrong And His 7 Dark Secrets
Jean Chong, who writes a delightful blog on cycling, was kind enough to nominate me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Apparantly, this is given to people who are “naturally gifted in writing,” “pleasing in blog design,” “consistently dedicated,” and who “demonstrate respect for their readers.” I’ll admit, this doesn’t sound like me at all, but I accepted anyway… : )
The VBA requires that you nominate 15 other bloggers for the award, and share 7 random things about yourself. I know many bloggers who deserve such an award, but I’m a bit too shy (OK, and lazy) to nominate them. But I don’t mind sharing 7 random things about myself, and you’ll find them below.
1. One song that never fails to send me into an absolute trance whenever I hear it is Changes by the late American folksinger Phil Ochs. My favorite version of the song
is by Ian & Sylvia, and you can listen to it here.
2. I still reread certain Sherlock Holmes stories.
3. I once rode a century, which is 100 miles on a bicycle in a single day. Most of it was across an utterly barren stretch of desert between the north rim of the Grand Canyon
in Arizona, and Zion National Park in Utah, in the southwestern United States. Can
I explain how I was able to do this and live to tell about it? No. Will I ever ride another century? No.
4. I don’t like golfer Tiger Woods.
5. I once lost a pair of glasses when I accidentally wore them in swimming.
6. As a teenager, I worked at a drug store after school. My favorite part was dreaming up funny ways to decorate our two big windows. I never understood that this was a hint that
I was interested in visual design.
If you enjoyed this post, I invite you to subscribe. You can either leave a comment and click the box that says Notify me of new posts via email, or click on the Subscribe button below the Portfolio Thumbnails in the sidebar at the top right of this page.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy: