PRESTO: 6 Steps To Crafting Effective Content
Did your mother teach you that it’s wrong to eavesdrop?
Content isn’t effective unless it engages your target audience (= prospective customers).
And you can’t hope to engage people unless you know what interests them– including their problems and concerns.
You’ve never heard of the PRESTO Method for creating effective content? That’s probably because I just coined the term today.
1. Personae: as in buyer personae. You’re selling a product or service. What does your ideal customer look like? You need a clear idea of your target audience.
2. Research: find out where your ideal prospects hang out: which company blogs, social media sites, etc. You want to engage them, so you need to know where they are.
3. Eavesdrop on their digital conversations: read their blogs, their various social media posts. What are they saying and sharing? What’s on their minds?
4. Show your interest and expertise by leaving comments on their posts. Not a lame “Nice post!” Leave comments that add value: contribute something meaningful.
5. Think about what your targeted prospects are saying. Read between the lines. What
are their problems? How can you help while demonstrating your expertise?
Are you a content marketer? Care to share a tip about creating content? Please leave a comment.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to recommend it, please click the Like button below. To share it, click Tweet, Facebook, or one of the other Share buttons.
You might also enjoy this infographic about customer service.
About Mark: I’m an illustrator specializing in humor, branding, social media, and content marketing. I create images that get content seen and shared.
Questions? Send me an email.