Skip to content

Happy Pi Day– SPLAT!

March 14, 2017

Pi Day. March 14th. 3.14. Ha-ha. I get it.

And there’s a wild and woolly nor’easter blowing thru New Hampshire, USA.

Great day to sit by the fire and eat 3.14159265358979323846264338327 pieces of pie. Rounded to the nearest decimal place, of course.

It’s also a great day to celebrate our differences. Cheers to all! 😊

blank vertical space, 32 pixels hightwo chefs disagree on how to pronounce banana one hits other in face with pie

blank vertical space, 16 pixels high

*       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *blank vertical space, 16 pixels high

About Mark: I’m an illustrator specializing in humor, branding, social media, and content marketing. I create images that get content seen and shared.

You can view my portfolio, and connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Questions? Send me an email.

blank vertical space, 32 pixels high

blank vertical space, 16 pixels highblank vertical space, 40 pixels high

Advertisements
11 Comments leave one →
  1. March 14, 2017 5:06 PM

Pi Day is my husband’s birthday. All the years we spent in the UK, we never had pie on Pi Day because we write the date 14.3 in the UK which does not make for an edible pun. Now we are in the US, we have still never enjoyed pie on Pi Day because we eat special birthday food (tonight I am cooking curry) and the traditional cake.

• March 16, 2017 12:39 PM

Ha! Great story, Laura. I first learned of the UK’s different date writing convention when I came across it in an Agatha Christie murder mystery. Yes, you can learn a lot by reading homicidal escapist literature… : )

Always great to see you. P.S. Maybe next year you can serve hubby’s curry in a pie plate. : )

Liked by 1 person

• March 16, 2017 1:51 PM

The past few years I have been trying to convince him that what he really wants for dinner is either a chicken pot pie or a curried veg pie. Maybe next year will be the year.

2. March 14, 2017 10:41 PM

I saw a tweet that it was Pie Day. Sounded good to me. I never made the math connection until I came here. You are such a smart man! 🙂

Adorable bakers! I want to bring one home with me – to bake me a pie, of course.

Hope you are well, Mark. Stay by the fire and keep your toes warm!

• March 16, 2017 12:48 PM

Maddie! You are the sweetest surprise since I found that lemon meringue pie in my Christmas stocking!! FWIW: I never got the pi-pie connection till someone pointed it out to me a couple of years ago. Kinda embarrassing since I was a math major. Guess I spent too much time on congruent triangles, and not enough on radii and circumferences… : (

I rode out the storm, and was able to raise my cholesterol 3.14159 points. Great to see you, as always!! : )

3. March 15, 2017 12:55 AM

I keep forgetting about Pi day because I have 5 family birthdays in March!

Mother-in-law: the 6th
    Younger sister #2: 17th
    My wife- Cimmorene, the Wavemistress: 20th
    Younger sister #1: 25th
    My son: 29th

Hey Mark- I’m not doing much blogging lately- BUT- I am very active on Twitter, and I see you have a presence there! this silly “jaklumen” guy replying to your tweets is me!

• March 16, 2017 3:08 PM

Yow! It takes a lot to overwhelm Mr. Pi, but I think 5 birthdays would do it. I have a hard time remembering one!!

Always good to see you, Jak, and thanks for the heads-up re Twitter. Yes, I’m one of many looney birds chirpin’ away on that playform. I shall keep a bird’s-eye out for you, sir– cheers!! : )

4. March 15, 2017 7:42 AM

Definitely for a mathie, this is a dessert day for you, Mark.

5. March 16, 2017 6:14 PM

I like Pi day. I’m not sure why really, it just seems like a cool day. 🙂

And although I can’t remember as many decimal places you’ve written in your post, I’m proud to remember up to 6 decimal places because of this song here from Phineas and Ferb. 😛

Liked by 1 person

• March 18, 2017 1:36 PM

I like to have a big party on Pi Day. I start setting the table, but I always run out of decimal places… 😄

Hi, Lily! I just listened to the Phiny & Ferb song, and I think it spoiled me: every time I go to a bake sale now, I’m gonna expect the pies to sing. Of course, if they do, I’ll be worried… 🍰🎶😳🚑

Great to see you, you’re a sweet banana cream in a sea of rhubarb!! 😊

Liked by 1 person

Make me happy-- leave a comment! : )

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s